Apple cider vinegar, also known as cider vinegar, is a product obtained from the crushing and squeezing of apples that are later fermented.
This liquid has been used for many generations as a natural remedy due to the multiple medicinal properties it has.
Constipation, that is, the physical condition that prevents us from going to the bathroom less than twice a week, with the consequent difficulties and pains it causes, is a common ailment worldwide and one of the conditions for which it can best go the apple cider vinegar.
The fact is that, by its composition, this product serves as a natural laxative, helping us to empty the stomach with a more regular frequency.
If you want to know how to take advantage of all its properties, in this article we will explain how to take apple cider vinegar for constipation.
What is Apple Cider Vinegar?
Apple cider vinegar is a natural product that stimulates bowel movements, which makes it a great natural laxative and helps us fight constipation.
The fact that it is a fermented food helps to regenerate the flora of the stomach and eliminate the harmful bacteria that may be in that organ. Here we will list some of the properties of apple cider vinegar for our body:
- As we have already mentioned, one of the main benefits of cider vinegar is the improvement in digestion, partly thanks to the regulation of stomach acids, with the increase of enzymes and the elimination of harmful bacteria.
- Apple cider vinegar is very used to lose weight because it dissolves the accumulation of fat and eliminates toxins from the body.
- Another benefit of this product is its impact on the cardiovascular system, since it helps lower blood pressure and minimizes the risk of cardiovascular accidents.
- Due to its detoxifying effect, this product is able to get rid of accumulations of calcium, uric acid and to clean the urinary ducts.
How to Take Apple Cider Vinegar for Constipation
Just as the benefits of apple cider vinegar for constipation are manifold, there are also many ways in which you can take it and take advantage of its properties.
Mainly, apple cider vinegar is usually drunk, but the way you do it can vary depending on your tastes. Here we explain different ways to drink apple cider vinegar for intestinal constipation:
Apple Vinegar Alone
The easiest way to drink it is by drinking straight from the cider vinegar. Now, it is important not to miss doses to avoid adverse effects.
For constipation, it will help to take a spoonful of apple cider vinegar after each meal, that is, 3 times a day.
You can also take it all at once: a small glass of this vinegar every day to activate the bowel movements.
Apple Cider Vinegar with Honey
If it is the first time you take this product or you do not like strong and acid flavors, it may be difficult for you to drink it alone.
In that case, there are other alternatives, for example, adding honey to the mixture to sweeten it and take away the bitter taste:
- A good way is to pour 3 fingers of apple cider vinegar into a glass and fill the rest with water.
Finallyyou can mix it with honey to sweeten it and take it once in the morning and again at night.
- Mixing apple cider vinegar with apple juice, either bottled or freshly squeezed, is another way of camouflaging the taste without affecting its properties.
Cider Vinegar with Flax Seeds
Flax seeds are another of the products offered by nature that has great properties to improve our intestinal transit and prevent constipation.
So, if we mix it with apple cider vinegar, we can enhance the benefits of both to avoid this digestive problem. Here’s how to prepare a drink with these two products:
1- Put two cups of water to boil and when they are boiling add two tablespoons of flax seeds.
2- After 10 minutes strain the liquid and separate the seeds.
3- The water will have adopted a gelatinous texture due to the fiber released by the flax seeds.
4- Add 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar to that water.
5- Drink regularly this brew and you will notice how your digestive system activates.
Apple Cider Vinegar for Irritable Bowel
In addition, other symptoms appear such as inflammation, pain and more discomfort.
There is no medical test that can diagnose
however, if there are changes in lifestyle and nutrition that can be beneficial to treat the discomfort caused by the syndrome irritable colon.
however, if there are changes in lifestyle and nutrition that can be beneficial to treat the discomfort caused by the syndrome irritable colon. In addition, there are different home remedies, including apple cider vinegar, to avoid the typical constipation season of this condition.
1- Add 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar to a cup of water.
2- Remove it to mix and drink it 2 times a day.
3- Never take it on an empty stomach, do it before lunch and before dinner.
4- Do this on a regular basis during times of constipation.
Apple Cider Vinegar: Contraindications
Like any other product and remedy, the benefits are found in the just consumption measures.
An excessive intake of apple cider vinegar can cause adverse effects that, far from helping you, will damage your condition.
If we take into account the acidity of this drink, drinking it in excess can cause throat irritation and damage to the stomach lining.
Here we tell you what are the side effects and main contraindications of apple cider vinegar:
- Most of the side effects of this product come from the high degree of acidity of apple cider vinegar. In this sense, the most harmful product is acetic acid, which in excess can inflict damage in different areas of the body
- Do not consume apple cider vinegar if you suffer gastritis, stomach ulcer or any gastrointestinal disease.
- If you have weak stomach walls this drink can cause serious problems manifesting in the form of cramps, abdominal pain, diarrhea
- Do not take apple cider vinegar if you suffer from pharyngitis or some irritation in the upper tracts. Its acidity could aggravate the problem.
Finally, it should be said that if in spite of following some of the treatments that we have mentioned, you still suffer constipation in the same measure, it will be time to look for other solutions.