Oregano is a plant widely used as a culinary ingredient due to its intense flavor and pleasant aroma. In addition, it also has several properties that can be very beneficial for human health. In many cases, its essential oil can be of great help to treat certain health disorders caused by bacteria, viruses, fungi or parasites.
For this, it has some active components such as thymol and carvacrol that several studies have shown to be powerful natural antibiotics capable of eradicating bacteria such as Staphylococcus Aureus and fungi such as Candida albicans.
The organic nature of oregano oil acts as an antiseptic solution to fight off yeast and germ infections without having to worry about any harmful effects. Oregano contains ample vitamins and minerals such as vitamin C and A, phenols, flavonoids, and antioxidants.
People suffering from recurring candida yeast infections take this oil as a combative treatment. In fact, by taking this regularly it can also be a pre-emptive cure. It has been proven that daily application of oregano oil completely inhibits the growth of bacteria related to Candidiasis.
What is Candidiasis?
Candidiasis is a type of infection that affects most individuals with vulnerable immune systems against the specific bacteria. Candida albicans is a type of bacterium that thrives in the human’s intestinal system.
The overgrowth of Candida can take place when too much sugar intake and antibiotics disturb its normal levels. It can spread quickly which may trigger irritability, increased alcohol and sugar cravings, diarrhea, heartburn and yeast infections.
Chemical Components Oregano
Oregano is a plant that is usually used for culinary purposes and that also contains many compounds that can be very beneficial for human health. Among these components, we can highlight limonene, beta-caryophyllene, camphor, linalool, alpha-pinene, carvacrol, and thymol. Those compounds named above, give oregano a good antioxidant and antimicrobial capacity that make it suitable to fight against various types of bacteria and fungi.
Here are the main active components of oregano:
- Acids: palmitic, oleic, stearic, ursolic, rosmarinic, capric, etc.
- Minerals: potassium, magnesium, zinc, copper, iron, etc.
- Vitamins: retinol, thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, B6, C, E, etc.
- The essential oil contains: thymol, cineole, carvacrol, borneol, limonene, beta pinene, camfeno, alpha terpinene, etc.
Oregano Oil Treatment Against Candidiasis:
- Oregano oil is a powerful antifungal agent that can eliminate candidiasis effectively and safely. For this, you should take 1 to 3 drops under the tongue or with water 3 times a day. In certain cases, a more aggressive treatment may be necessary, such as oregano oil capsules that should be taken once a day during the meal. Treatment should be continued until the fungus has been eliminated and all symptoms related to candidiasis. During the treatment should be avoided to take sugar and refined flours in addition to taking between 8 and 12 glasses of pure spring water daily to help eliminate toxins from the blood.
- Oregano oil can be a powerful ally to eliminate nail fungus. To do this, you should wash and dry the affected nail and spread oil of oregano twice a day. You should also take 1 to 3 drops 3 times a day. For some special cases, a more aggressive treatment using oregano oil capsules will be required.
- Oregano oil is very effective in eliminating infections caused by fungi such as athlete’s foot. To treat this infection it will be enough to apply the oil on the affected area after the shower or before going to sleep.
Where to buy Oregano Oil?
Oregano oil can be found in parapharmacies, herbalists or online such as Amazon. if you decide to buy it from Amazon just look for the product with high positive customer reviews.
How is Oil of Oregano Produced?
The origins of wild oregano shrubs have been renowned for centuries as a natural substitute for antibiotics. The nature of oregano oil is stemmed from Origanum Vulgare extracts. This variety of wild oregano can be found in the Mediterranean soils.
Wild oregano leaves are harvested and distilled to produce the essential oils found in oregano oil products on the market today. These are produced in liquid oil preparations as well as in soft gel capsules. Oregano oil for Candida should not contain any alcohol ingredients as it may cause adverse effect instead of cure. The antifungal Carvacrol compound is essential to repel Candida yeast infections.
Read Also: Tea Tree Oil For Hair
What is The Ideal Intake of Oregano Oil?
Oregano oil is an ideal long-term health food supplement. It is known to cure not only candida infections but also good for the digestive tract, respiratory systems, healthier skin and a stronger immune system. The antihistamine ingredient is a great protection against allergies. Oregano oil usually comes in a bottle or gel form. Bottled preparations may require at least three drops diluted in water for at least twice a day.
Capsule forms are just as effective and can be taken on the same amount of at least two capsules daily after eating meals. Other alternative preparations are worth trying for more variety such as the following:
- Mixing oil of oregano with coconut oil helps in killing off yeast as well as flushing out of pathogens and toxic wastes.
- Adding oregano oil with virgin olive oil is a good detoxifying remedy. This homemade ingredient helps to treat bacterial infections by drinking the mixture.
- By combining oregano oil with a candida diet, the overgrowth of candida bacterium can be eliminated entirely. Candida diet consists of whole grains, fresh fish, meat, fruits, and vegetables wary of processed ingredients and all kinds of sugary substance.
What Causes Candida Infections to Recur?
Individuals with recurring candidiasis blame it on the side effects of antibiotics that weaken the immunity of the body to certain types of bacteria. Some powerful antibiotics kill all types of bacteria that are not even harmful to the body, thus making us prone to more infections.
Since our body needs good bacteria to maintain balance, taking antibiotics require doctors to advise. Resorting to self-medication with synthetic drugs most especially with antibiotics is not a good way to go. The weakened immune system only allows for yeast infections to multiply.
What Makes Oregano Oil Better Than Antibiotics in Curing Candidiasis?
In contrast with most yeast medications, oregano oil fends of mutating candida bacteria and stops the production of new strains. Most common funguses mutate after getting much from antibiotic treatment including candida yeast.
The use of oregano oil for candida proves a better choice than antibiotics since candida albicans are not resilient against the potent ingredients of oregano leaf extracts.
Other Known Disadvantages and Side effects of Oregano Oil
Iron-deficient individuals should take this product with necessary precaution as it may impair iron absorption. Pregnant women should not take any form of oregano oil supplement as it stimulates the flow of blood, which may weaken the lining of the uterus.
Oregano oil is also known to cause allergic symptoms to the skin with the occurrence of skin rashes. The strong flavor of wild oregano substance may affect the taste of extra sensitive individuals. It is important to look for high-quality brands of oregano oil extracts to ensure full benefits. Taking organic supplements as an alternative to drug still requires doctor’s advice for safety.
See Also: Sea Buckthorn Oil Benefits
New disease outbreaks occur from time to time, making bacterial strains resistant to antibiotics. Our food, air, and water can get easily contaminated with harmful pathogens. For that reason, more and more individuals resort to ancient remedies that are known to combat impossible to cure infections such as oregano oil for candida.
This natural antibiotic substitute is highly acclaimed to stop bacterial and viral strains from multiplying thus more effective and stronger than other antibiotic treatments.