Mango is the king of fruits, indeed the king of nutrition too! It is an extremely rare scenario where a person can actually say ‘No’ to mango. It is just too hard to resist! Be it in the form of fruit, juice or salad, it is always the best. Not only the fruit, but its leaves also have a lot of health benefits. No wonder people call it the king of all fruits.
Since mangoes taste delicious, people forget that they’re healthier too. If you’re reading this, you must have already summoned one! Jokes apart, let us dive into the deeper understanding of this fruit’s nutritious value.
As we know, mangoes are sweet, however, a fruit’s natural sweetness is quite different than that of the processed sugar. Mangoes are great alternatives to junk food or snacks. Since it is a tropical fruit, it is loved across the world. Native to India, it is also the national fruit of India. Besides having more than 20 different vitamins and minerals, Mango is considered to be very good for our skin.
Benefits of consuming Mango and related supplements:
- Fights Cancer: The biggest reason why most people consider eating mangoes every day is it combats cancer. It has antioxidants such as isoquercitrin, quercetin, astragalin, gallic acid, fisetin, and methyl gallate. These antioxidants protect the body against breast, colon, leukemia, and prostate cancers.
- Cleanses Skin: Mangoes are always good for the skin. The cleanse the clogged pores and add freshness to your skin. This fruit can benefit any skin type and is best used for acne caused by the clogged pores. Mango face washes, scrubs or homemade masks can do miracles on your skin. You can even eat mango as a fruit every day to get the best skin benefits.
- Weight Loss and Digestion: Although you may feel really stuffed after eating a mango, it’s not that you will gain weight. The fibers in the fruit boost the digestion by burning excess calories. This process is really effective in weight loss. Also, the enzymes in mango break down the protein and enable our bodies to absorb it.
- Helps in Diabetes: A lot of studies have proven that fiber and mangiferin in mango can help lower the blood sugar level. As we know, diabetic people are not allowed to consume a lot of sugar, they can always have mangoes. The natural sweet does no harm.
- Cures Anaemia: With the increasing cases of anemia in women, finding a panacea has become crucial. After tons of experiments and studies, it has been found that mangoes have very high iron and calcium levels. They can help menopausal and pregnant women increase their hemoglobin levels. Not only women, anyone suffering from anemia can start eating mangoes regularly.
- Reduces Kidney Stones: Mangoes contain 80% of water and fiber content. Kidney stones are very painful and most of the times they happen because of lack of water in the body. Having mangoes regularly can stop the formation of kidney stones.
- Source of Vitamin A: Vitamin A is very important for our eyes. Without this vitamin, one can suffer from night blindness or other eye-related diseases. Mango is a very rich source of vitamin A and hence, it promotes eye health.
- Enhances the Immune System: Mango has a lot of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. It boosts the immune system and provides our body with enough strength to fight against infections as well as diseases.
- Source of Vitamin C: Vitamin C is very important for our bones. Not only bones but the entire immune system needs vitamin C. A cup of mango has approximately 46 milligrams of vitamin C.
- Lowers Cholesterol: People with high cholesterol and high blood pressure should have one mango every day. This will help lower their cholesterol. Mangoes are rich in vitamins and dietary fibers, this helps to maintain all the body functions.
Fresh mangoes are the best. Always remember, eating fresh fruits is more beneficial than the ones that are cut and kept open for hours. Even the mangoes that are cut and kept in the refrigerator can lose the nutrients and minerals. You can always eat the fresh and ripe mangoes. When you touch a mango, it should be a little soft to touch and you’ll just know if it is ripe when you smell its aroma.
Despite being so healthy and nutritious, mangoes can harm you if you eat a lot of them at once.
Side-Effects of Eating Mangoes:
- Diarrhea: Overeating mangoes can always be harmful. In some cases, people who a weak digestive system can get themselves in trouble if they have more than one mango a day.
- Diabetes: Yes, it does help reduce and overcome blood sugar, however, eating mangoes excessively can raise the amount of sugar in the body.
- Allergies: Although it is highly unlikely, some might be allergic to mangoes. So keep the rule simple – One mango a day!
- Weight Gain: Yes, mangoes help losing weight, but if you overeat them, the results can often be the reverse. People actually end up gaining a few pounds because of overeating mangoes.
The King Of Fruits has the rule to announce here:
A mango a day keeps diseases away. Sounds similar, right? Almost all fruits are good for health, but mangoes are special! They’re everybody’s favorite. Great taste, great qualities, and great benefits. If overeaten, the King can cause great troubles too.
*Consult a doctor if you have any allergic reaction to a mango-related product.