Loaded with antioxidants and nutrients, Black Coffee has numerous health benefits. Stimulating caffeine has many health benefits. Though caffeine is considered to be a drug, its health benefits prove that it is an effective drug. It can be used to cure lots of day-to-day health issues.
Coffee seeds are planted in large beds in shaded nurseries. A coffee bean is a seed which is dried, roasted and ground to brew coffee. Coffee as a beverage can be of different types. Black coffee is a bit different from normal coffee. We usually mix milk, cream, and sugar with coffee beans to make a normal coffee, however, black coffee is made by not adding anything else but coffee in water. Black coffee looks black or dark brown in color.
According to some recent research, scientists say that adding milk to your coffee hinders the positive benefits of the coffee. Hence, it is advised to drink Black Coffee. Also, adding excessive sugar to your diet can lead to several health problems. So, a cup of plain black coffee is the best if you’re a health-obsessed person.
To understand what type of coffee suits you the best, you must understand a few things:
- If you’re trying to lose weight, black coffee can be helpful.
- If you have a history of acid reflux, adding milk to your coffee can be a better option.
- If you have diabetes, avoiding sugar would be a great thing.
- If you want a wake-up beverage, black coffee is the best.
These are the basics! Regardless of who you are, and what your health history is: Black Coffee still has tons of benefits.
- Physical performance: The caffeine content in your black coffee increases the adrenaline in your blood and helps you boost your energy for a heavy workout.
- Weight loss: The magnesium and potassium in caffeine help the body utilize sugar or insulin. This reduces your food cravings and helps you lose weight.
- Reduces the risk of cancers: Black coffee reduces the risk of prostate and skin cancer. It reduces the risk of cancers by almost 20%.
- Reduces the risk of Parkinson’s disease: There is evidence that drinking black coffee can cause activities in the part of the brain affected by Parkinson’s disease.
- Helps treat Diabetes Type 2: As black coffee controls sugar in the body, it helps to treat people who suffer from diabetes type 2.
- Lowers risk of Alzheimer: The high caffeine levels in the blood reduces the risk of Alzheimer disease and dementia.
- Detoxifies: Black coffee detoxifies your liver and cleanses the colon. It also helps people ease their symptoms of fatty liver disease.
- Sharpens Brain: Black coffee helps brain release dopamine, which is a chemical that stimulates the brain. This helps in sharpening the brain and remembering things. It is great for kids as well as adults.
- Protects eyes: Being a neuroprotectant, black coffee makes sure that a good amount of oxygen reaches the retina. Hence, black coffee is said to protect the eyes from being damaged.
- Treats Migraine: Be it a hangover, a simple headache (though headaches are never simple) or a migraine, black coffee can help you beat the cruel pain and feel fresh again.
- Fights free radicals: As we all know, free radicals are responsible for skin and other diseases. The caffeine in the coffee has a lot of antioxidants which can help improve the overall appearance of your skin.
- Cures Inflammation: Inflammation can be very dangerous for our skin. The anti-inflammatory properties of black coffee can help soothe inflammation of the skin.
- Good for Hair: Consuming or applying black coffee can nourish your hair and add an extra shine to it.
I guess you’re already having a cup of dark black coffee. Though black coffee is very good for health, it has some side-effects when consumed excessively.
- Insomnia: This is the most common side-effect of drinking coffee excessively. If you drink more than 400 milligrams of black coffee (4 cups), you are most likely to suffer from insomnia or sleeplessness.
- Addiction: As black coffee has caffeine content in it, you must not have it very often. If you exceed the limit, you may get addicted to black coffee, and when you try to withdraw yourself from its addiction, you may suffer from headache, fatigue and decreased alertness.
- Affects fetus: If you’re pregnant, you should not drink more than one cup of coffee a day. If exceeded the daily limit, it may harm the fetus.
- Anxiety: High doses of caffeine can lead to anxiety, this can be because of dependence on caffeine.
- Children shouldn’t drink black coffee: In some cases, caffeine can harm a child’s growth and development. So, it is usually not advisable to give caffeine to kids regularly. However, occasionally black coffee can be proven good for children’s health.
- Osteoporosis: Excessive consumption of black coffee can decrease bone mineral density and cause osteoporosis.
Black Coffee is considered as the best wake up call as it is the best way to start an energized day. However, good things consumed excessively can be harmful too. And… Black Coffee is no exception! A cup of coffee is your cup of coffee anyway, don’t forget to check your health history first. A little health care is better than struggling with the side-effects, isn’t it?
If you’re wondering how many cups of black coffee you can have every day: 1 cup is perfect, two is great, four is the limit.