A bunch of grapes equals a bundle of health. The sweet and tarty grapes are famous all over the world for their taste. Grapes are extremely rich in water and keep us hydrated. Grape vines look very appealing! Grapes can be red, blue, green, amber, purple or pink. Its cultivation began in Europe and now it is all over the globe. People, especially kids, love grapes because of its taste, color, and health benefits. Some use it to make an alcoholic beverage, while others use it to make medicines. They have a lot of Vitamin C, Vitamin K, potassium, minerals, and many other nutrients.
It wouldn’t be wrong to say that grapes are the powerhouse of nutrients. Considering the fact that they have a lot of antioxidants, one can easily understand how beneficial grapes can be for their health. This low-calorie fruit is so small, you could actually end up eating a lot of grapes and feel full. No wonder why people say it is great for losing weight as you feel really full after eating grapes. Skin, hair, body organs, weight, blood, and cells… What’s more? Whatever there is, grapes work on everything! They’re like tiny magical wands; panacea to many health issues.
Benefits and uses of grapes
Grapes do the following:
1. Fight Malnutrition: In this fast-paced world, many children struggle with malnutrition. They eat junk foods that are not at all healthy for them. If they eat grapes regularly, they can overcome malnutrition. One small cup of grapes can have the following:
d. Dietary Fibre
f. Vitamin C
g. Vitamin K and so on
2. Reduce Blood Pressure: Many people have reported that by having grape seed extract or raw grapes regularly, their blood pressure lowered. It can be useful for people who have low blood pressure too. The specialty of grapes is that it can maintain a steady blood pressure that is the best for the body.
3. Reduce Blood Clots: Blood clots are the reason for many heart diseases. Most people have heart attacks due to blood clots. Studies suggest that eating grapes regularly enhances the blood flow in the body. This reduces the chances of blood clotting.
4. Fight cancer: Grapes contain a lot of antioxidants known as polyphenols. They have anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties which help to slow down the growth of cancerous tumors in lymph, liver, stomach, breast, and colon. Red grapes are the best in this case. People can drink grape juice or even have them as fruits to fight cancer.
5. Boost Heart Health: Quercetin and resveratrol in grapes have proven to be extremely helpful in boosting the heart's health. Eating grapes regularly can reduce the level of bad cholesterol and stabilizes blood pressure to ensure that the heart remains in the best condition.
6. Cure constipation: As well all know, grapes are full of water. They are juicy fruits that keep us hydrated even during the hottest summer days. Eating grapes can smoothen the digestive process and bowel movements. Hence, grapes can cure constipation if they are consumed regularly.
7. Fight Inflammation: Inflammation is the cause of numerous diseases. The anti-inflammatory properties of quercetin of grapes can help to cure a lot of allergies and diseases like a runny nose, watery eyes, and hives.
8. Reduces blood sugar: The people who have type 2 diabetes should eat grapes regularly. As grapes have natural sugar content, even diabetes patients can consume it. The vitamin, minerals, and strips in grapes make them a great fruit for diabetic people. Also, grapes can reduce blood sugar naturally.
9. Enhances Eye Health: Lutein and Zeaxanthin in grapes maintain eye health very well. They fight the damage caused by free radicals. They also help in reducing oxidative stress and damage to the retina. Eating grapes can help us prevent cataracts and other eye diseases.
10. Topical treatment: Skin and hair problems are extremely common these days. Applying grapes on the skin regularly can reduce acne. And, its application on hair can reduce dryness, dandruff and make hair smooth and silky.
11. Wine: Grapes are commonly used to make wines. Wines can be very healthy if consumed in the right manner and in a very limited quantity. Grape vines are said to be great for skin, hair and our bodies.
12. Hydration: When one suffers from dysentery or dehydration, the body needs more and more water to heal itself. Grapes are light to digest and watery fruits. Since they are good for hydration, one can have a cup of grapes on a sunny day or when they' re sick.
Side-effects of overeating grapes:
1. Grape allergies: Though it is a very rare thing, it does happen. Once might get red patches, hives, face difficulty in breathing and sneezing. There is a lot of pesticides sprayed on grapes, so wash them before you eat them to prevent side-effects.
2. Increase in carbohydrate: Grapes have a lot of carbohydrates, which is very important for our bodies. But when the amount of carbs increases in our bodies, it gets converted into sugar.
3. Indigestion: In some cases, eating too many grapes can cause indigestion or even diarrhea. It can even harm the kidney or liver function. A cup of grap..is a good thing, more than that is definitely risky. Before you hop on the grapes’ products, consult a doctor to check for allergies.
Also, not all diseases can simply be cured by grapes, you must continue the medicines too.
But, hey! The taste is just… Yum! So choose which one you'd eats first, red, blue, green, amber, purple or pink?